Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quinton Jackson: “I’m just trying to move forward with my fighting career.”

Fans of light heavyweight star Quinton Jackson will no doubt be thrilled to hear “Rampage” is eying a return to the Octagon this fall after undergoing treatment on a particularly troublesome left knee. However, little else has changed in terms of Jackson’s status including his desire to bolt the UFC as soon as he’s done with the lone remaining fight on his contract.

Jackson’s issue with his employers surfaced a few months back when he expressed concern about the lack of respect he’d received and the way he’d been booked against opponents who prefer to lay-and-prey rather than stand up and scrap. Based on his falling out with the organization he’s even accepted the possibility his final bout might not even be given a PPV slot, but that still isn’t deterring the 33-year old from pursuing his own plan.

“Rampage” Says Respect is at the Root of His Fallout with the UFC

“I wouldn’t care if they did that. I don’t care. They can do whatever they want to do,” said Jackson in an interview with MMAMania when asked about being “buried” at an event. “The reasons I made the decision to leave the UFC are the same reasons I left PRIDE. They can do what they want. I don’t care.”

“I’m just trying to move forward with my fighting career,” he continued. “My left knee is starting to feel better. I’m not gonna do anything to it just yet. I’m just gonna do my rehab and go from there.”

As far as a specific date for what may be his last appearance under the UFC banner, Jackson mentioned the timeframe he’s targeted while adding a comical tidbit into the mix.

“September or October, we’ll see. I’ve got a lot of weight to lose,” Jackson joked.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/06/19/quinton-jackson-%e2%80%9ci%e2%80%99m-just-trying-to-move-forward-with-my-fighting-career-%e2%80%9d

Joe Hybrid Duarte Aldrin de Jesus  Todd Duffee  Marvin Eastman 

No comments:

Post a Comment