Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bellator signs capoeira artist Marcus Aurelio to welterweight roster

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Logo_Bellator_150_18.jpg
Bellator has signed another competitor to their welterweight division for their upcoming seventh season, as the organization announced on Monday that they have signed Marcus Aurelio. No, not the former UFC lightweight and longtime veteran, the 26-year-old capoeira artist who has won six straight fights since losing his MMA debut in 2005.

"Marcus is an absolute explosive anomaly in our sport," said Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney. "If you have never seen him fight, you are missing something totally unique and special. Marcus brings a completely unique style and confidence to the cage that I've never seen before. It will be great to see how his explosive capoeira translates in the Bellator cage."

"I'm really excited to have signed with Bellator," Aurelio said. "I'm happy that they see my potential. I know they have some of the best fighters in the world and I’m ready to prove my worth against top tier competition. This is a huge accomplishment for me and everyone who has helped me get to where I am."

"I feel that my style of fighting is very dynamic and explosive. I certainly don't enter the cage to win on points. It's instinct for me, I'm always looking to finish my opponent. I think it's exciting for the fans."

Aurelio will make his Bellator debut on August 24 at Bellator 73, which takes place from Harrah's Tunica in Tunica Resorts, Mississippi.

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Bellator/article_13686.shtml

Renzo Gracie Rickson Gracie Rodrigo Gracie Roger Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment