Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rick Story: “It feels like I’m on the chopping block.”

It wasn’t long ago most people felt as though UFC welterweight Rick Story was on the cusp of challenging for the divisional title after stringing together six straight wins. Now, with back-to-back losses behind him, Story is in the unenviable position of potentially being cut from the roster if he suffers another stumble inside the Octagon.

Story faces Brock Jardine later tonight at UFC on FX 4 who he’s only had three weeks to prepare for after two previously scheduled foes were forced out due to injury. The 27-year old has no illusions about the situation he’s in, and though it’s possible he’ll hold on to his spot even with another defeat, Story is approaching the bout as though it could be his last in the UFC.

“It feels like I’m on the chopping block,” said Story in an interview with Sherdog Radio. “But I felt that way in my last fight. Anytime I go into a fight, I want to win. When I lose, I’m probably the one that beats myself up the most. It just motivates me more to work hard in my next training camp, but I can’t sit on the past. I’ve just got to let that motivate me to do better in the future. That’s what I’ve done so far. I’m looking forward to this fight to get me going in the right direction again and come out with a win.”

A Detailed Look at Story’s Decision Loss to Martin Kampmann

Jardine is a newcomer with a 9-1 record and a trio of consecutive victories to his credit. While Story admitted the only video he’s found of his adversary came by way of YouTube, it doesn’t appear as though he’s fazed by what Jardine has to offer any more than he would be by any opponent.

“I’m sticking to my game plan and imposing my will rather than reacting to what everyone else is doing,” explained Story of his strategy against Jardine.

Fans can catch Jardine-Story fight on the Fuel TV portion of the evening’s prelims (scheduled to start at 6:00 PM EST).

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/06/22/rick-story-%e2%80%9cit-feels-like-i%e2%80%99m-on-the-chopping-block-%e2%80%9d

Kultar Gill Allan Goes Takanori The Fireball Kid Gomi Akihiro Gono

No comments:

Post a Comment