Friday, July 27, 2012

Alan Belcher breaks down why he believes he can beat Anderson Silva

There’s been a lot of talk in recent weeks about middleweight contenders with names like Chris Weidman, Hector Lombard, and Michael Bisping being thrown around. However, one of the most intriguing options in the UFC’s middleweight division when it comes to challengers for champion Anderson Silva is undoubtedly Alan Belcher.

The 28-year old is currently on a four-fight winning streak with all of his victories involving some form of finishing including a TKO of Rousimar Palhares this past May. Belcher was recently asked to offer up his own assessment on the type of threat he poses to “The Spider” and he had more than a few traits to offer up for debate.

“Size, strength, speed,” began the 6’2” Southerner on Inside MMA. “Not only well-rounded skills, just in striking I’m very well-rounded. I can fight from the outside, I can fight in the clinch. I have kicking, boxing, all these types of things. Takedown defense and good takedowns and grappling. I’d probably be one of the best grapplers he’d ever faced, one of the strikers he’s ever faced, one of the biggest fighters he’s ever faced, and to top all that off, my fearless nature to just take the fight to people.”

Belcher Calls Out Bisping

“I just make the fight happen. I’m not scared. I have a lot of heart and a lot of willpower,” he concluded.

Check out the complete interview below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/07/18/alan-belcher-breaks-down-why-he-believes-he-can-beat-anderson-silva

Takanori The Fireball Kid Gomi Akihiro Gono Gabriel Gonzaga Lyman Good

No comments:

Post a Comment