Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Renan Barao wants to wait for Dominick Cruz but open to fighting anyone

Like many of his fellow Brazilian fighters, newly crowned UFC champion Renan Barao battled a good deal of adversity while growing up in relative poverty. However, rather than be brought down by the glumness of his conditions, Barao used the situation as fuel for the competitive fire burning inside his gut and ultimately fulfilled a lifelong dream last night at UFC 149 by taking home the division’s interim title.

The 25-year old bantamweight spoke some about his win moments after outpointing Urijah Faber where his genuine excitement beamed through.

“It’s a dream come true. This is the happiest moment of my life,” said the smiling Barao. “I knew I won the fight because of the way I fought but there were all kinds of thoughts running through my head when they were reading the decision.”

Barao Talks Long But Rewarding Road to UFC 149 Main Event

The 29-1 Barao also stated he has his sights set on unifying the belt with injured linear champion Dominick Cruz, though he isn’t planning to sit by and twiddle his thumbs as others in his position have done before.

“I want to fight the best and I think Dominick Cruz is the best,” explained Barao. “(But) if they want me to fight someone else while he heals up, I can fight no problem.”

Watch the interview with Barao below:

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/07/22/renan-barao-wants-to-wait-for-dominick-cruz-but-open-to-fighting-anyone

Daniel Acacio Bernard Ackah  Terrance Aflague Yoshihiro Akiyama 

No comments:

Post a Comment