Monday, July 23, 2012

Urijah Faber Unsure What UFC Future Holds

UFC Bantamweight Urijah Faber

After losing his fifth consecutive title fight in as many tries, former WEC featherweight king Urijah Faber (Pictured) is as uncertain about his future as he has ever been. Although the 33-year-old came up short against Renan Barao at UFC 149, Faber believes he’s still not too far from reaching the top of the 145-pound totem pole.

“I don’t know. I fought a guy on a huge win streak and didn’t get it done. I fought Dominick [Cruz], who is considered the champ right now, as well,” Faber said at the post-fight press conference. “I’m right there, it’s just a matter of continuing to heal up and then reassess this thing.”

A landslide loss to reigning UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo sent Faber packing to the bantamweight division in April 2010. While Barao’s victory at UFC 149 was nearly as convincing, “The California Kid” isn’t dreaming of shedding another 10 pounds and transitioning to the flyweight class.

“No way,” Faber stated with a smile. “I put on 18 pounds [right after Friday's weigh-ins]. I would probably not be here if I was attempting 125s. No, 135s is where I’ll be.”

Faber’s last five losses have come in championship affairs. The veteran hasn’t won a title bout since defending his WEC featherweight crown against Jens Pulver in June of 2008.

Source: http://www.5thRound.com/123565/urijah-faber-unsure-what-ufc-future-holds/

Crosley Gracie Gregor Gracie Ralek Gracie Renzo Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment